There is no doubt that if you serve an elegant dish like garlic and rosemary roast beef in your special occasion, your night will be way more fabulous.
Garlic and Rosemary Roast Beef Recipe for Special Occasions
1 of 14
Garlic and Rosemary Roast Beef
- 3 lbs Rib eye boneless roast
- 1/4 cup Garlic
- 4 cups Of a variety of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Rosemary Fresh
- 1 cup Stock
Baking & Spices
- 1 Salt and freshly ground pepper
Oils & Vinegars
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Butter
- At first, start with preheating oven to 350F.
- Secondly, tie the roast and season with pepper and salt.
- Mix rosemary and garlic.
- Add olive oil (2 tablespoons will be enough) and stir to combine.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet, over medium heat, once smoking hot, sear all sides of the meat.
- Remove skillet from heat. Brush the herb-garlic mixture all over the roast.
- Bring the roast, in the cast iron skillet, to the preheated oven and cook for about 1 to 1.5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 135F degrees (medium-rare). Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before serving (final temperature should be 145F for medium rare.)
- While the roast is resting, sauté the mushrooms over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter until cooked through and no liquid is left in the pan, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove roast from the cast iron skillet and bring the skillet to the stovetop. Add stock to the pan and deglaze the pan, scraping all the bits from the bottom. Allow to simmer until thick.
- To get better sauce you should add the mushrooms in this step, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until the sauce is silky. After that place the roast back in the cast iron with the sauce and spoon some of the sauce over the roast.
- Garnish serving platter with fresh rosemary.